FROM A SINGLE SOURCE
A PASSION FOR METALWORKING
For more than 70 years, our passion has been metalworking. This enthusiasm drives us - it constantly spurs us on to innovations in products and processes.
We are an ALL AT ONE PLACE partner for our customers. From product & process development to the forge and CNC machining to surface treatment, Schweiger offers the highest precision, process know-how and complete quality management. The high level of vertical manufacturing from raw materials to the finished and assembled component groups allows a very high degree of flexibility in the production planning of our customers.
PROCESS & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
INNOVATIVE PROCESSES FOR PRODUCTS OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY
In our material laboratory and the Schweiger workshops, products and processes are designed and developed for the highest customer requirements from prototyping production to ready for series production. Our specialists are regularly integrated in the development process of new products for customers at a very early stage.
STRENGTH FROM THE EMBERS
The drop forge is run by Schweiger's forging departement and combines the entire chipless manufacturing, such as forging, bending and stamping.
BENDING, EMBOSSING, PUNCHING, WELDING, SOLDERING, BONDING
The entire company division of chipless machining is combined in the production halls of Schweiger Gesenkschmiede. This broad manufacturing know-how supports the Schweiger ALL AT ONE PLACE expertise.
- BENDING: CNC 2D bending machine Ø 12 mm in steel or aluminium
- STAMPING: Stamping and metal forming on spindle and eccentric presses
- WELDING: MIG / MAG systems with pulse dynamics
- SOLDERING: Pyrometer-controlled high frequency induction soldering system
- BONDING: Adhesive dispensing system for low to high viscosity adhesives
TURNING, MILLING, GEAR CUTTING, GRINDING, HONING
Schweiger manufactures on modern machining centres. CNC-controlled coordinate measuring centres as well as 3D-CAD jobs and video-driven tool presetting and measuring systems ensure the highest quality in manufacturing.
TURNING: Horizontal and vertical CNC turning centres with motorised tools for rotating parts from Ø 6 mm to Ø 250 mm and a length of up to 650 mm/combined turning/milling machining centres for lining length of 200 mm
MILLING: Horizontal and vertical CNC machining centres 3, 4, 5-axis simultaneous machining, travel lengths up to 1000 x 800 x 750 m
GEAR CUTTING: Hob milling of toothing module 0.50 - 2.50/hard skiving up to toothing gear quality 7
GRINDING: Flat, round, coordinate grinding machines/fully automated and combined CNC controlled contour and cylindrical grinding machines for camshafts
HONING: Horizontal and vertical honing machines of Ø 6 mm up to Ø 60 mm
SURFACE & HEAT TREATMENT
HARD SHELL - TOUGH CORE
The greatest expertise in the area of heat and surface treatment on site, as well as close and longtime cooperation with highly specialised partners, allows us to offer the most varied technologies.
- Protective gas and vacuum hardening
- Gas and plasma nitriding
- Case and induction hardening
- Vibratory and drag grinding processes
- Multi-station - superfinishing system for high dimensional accuracy and superfine surfaces
- Galvanic and chemical coatings, anodising of aluminium
- DLC/PVD coatings (diamond-like carbon/physical vapour deposition)
- Arc and flame spraying
- Powder and KTL coating
- Lichtbogen- und Flammspritzen
- Pulver- und KTL Beschichtung
PRECISION AS STANDARD
Through early concentration of the product portfolio on safety-relevant components such as rope grips for ski lifts and cable cars, there is a high degree of quality awareness with decades of tradition at Schweiger. Since the beginning of modern quality management methods in the 1980s, the most accurate measurements, tests and complete documentation at Schweiger are a matter of course.
- Systems for magnetic particle inspection (ISO 9712:13)
- Hardness testing (VICKERS, ROCKWELL, BRINELL)
- Macro hardness testing including video measuring system
- CNC coordinate measuring machine
- 3D-multi-sensor measuring machine
- Surface roughness and contour measuring instruments
- Material laboratory including material microscope with electronic image analysis